Over the course of his presidency, President Obama has taken immigration actions that affect millions of people living and working in the United States. But some experts say we may still be able to expect more changes still, including measures that could impact foreign-born entrepreneurs and startup founders.
Law 360, a leading source of news and analysis for the legal profession, recently published the article “Immigration regulations to watch before Obama exits office.” (click to view)
Some changes to look out for, according to the article:
- Updated homeland security regulations to mesh http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/weight-loss/ with agency policies created in response to the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000, or AC21;
- Modernized PERM regulations;
- “Extreme hardship” policy guidance;
- possible EB-5 changes; and
- a “Parole for Entrepreneurs” rule, about which Attorney Dan Berger is quoted, “We’d love to see an entrepreneur visa to give people time to work out [an idea], but I thin anything would be helpful. And even if it’s just limited to people who’ve had an investment… that’s something we don’t have right now.”